My favorite quote from C.S. Lewis

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." -- C.S. Lewis

1/26/09

Chicken Pox and Spaghetti Squash

These days everyone thinks chicken pox are like, a death sentence or something. I remember having the wretched little buggers when I was 13. I thought I would die. Not just for the fact I was miserable for about 3 days, but the cosmetic price I had to pay was far worse being a junior higher and all. BUT I survived and lived to tell about it. 2009 brought our house just such a visitor starting with youngest daughter. I have to TRUTHFULLY admit that it totally threw me off, for about two weeks. I knew it was inevitable that my daily routine would be thrown off for WEEKS to come and I really feared the worst. How totally un trusting of me. I mean hello, did I forget that I have a God to run to in these situations, ESPECIALLY sickness?? After I calmed down and shut up and actually let Him TEACH me through this I realized quite a few things. Jesus is so extremely awesome. He NEVER lets me down. I have to let go of controlling things on a daily basis and He really does work everything out for the GOOD of those who love Him (and I do!) Its now January 26th. We have been in a constant state of chicken pox. I laugh now. Its hilarious really. Its actually been fun, no really FUN, chicken pox parties and all. My dear, ever loving Savior really had mercy on us - Youngest daughter had it the worst - and even the doctor said it was really a light case, and the two boys came down with it within two days of each other, they both had under 20 each - God is SO Good! I think its wonderful - as I feel my spirit swell with emotion (cornball) - I can feel so much love from my Daddy over this - HE IS SO GOOD TO ME - I'm convinced He likes me the best ;)) ...

Heres a pic - my two chicken boys...Whats going on with that face Nursing addict??!!



Just had to throw this one in too, Im DYING of CUTENESS!




I made a lasagna with my spaghetti squash and I got the idea for it here . Oh how I do love Allrecipes, it is "go to" for food inspiration. Especially at 4:30 after schooling and craziness all day and then, SHOOT what AM I going to make for dinner. You have to love it, you probably already do. Anyway, I did alter the recipe alot and finally just made it the way I do my normal lasagna and it was HEAVEN! I think we will even grow the lovelys in our garden next...

2 comments:

Funchaosx4 said...

We are definitely growing spaghetti squash in our garden! It was awesome last night in place of pasta! Thanks R!

P.s. did you contribute anything to the boys?lol!

Tami said...

It is so weird that I keep seeing your name on my friend's blogs. Then I saw you on my Jenny friend blog in GA!!! Do I know you? Angela S. is the one down here. Anyways, maybe we'll meet one day or at least on BLOG WORLD. (if you are my crazy Jenny's friend you must be cool...)