My favorite quote from C.S. Lewis

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." -- C.S. Lewis

1/23/09

SO...

This morning my Oldest and I were hanging around shooting the breeze and she says, "hey mom, why don’t you start a blog?" So I think for a moment...heck why not, everyone else I know has one, so here I am joining the masses in the world of blogging. Recently I’ve had the pleasure of perusing quite a many different blog-walks-of-life and have been most pleasantly surprised, with Pioneer Woman .It was physically impossible for me to tear myself away from her "black heels" saga (waddya think Trace?). While most of you who know me will concede that I am far from the latter, I have to say that the inspiration I have gleaned over the last few days has made me wonder a lot about myself. While I am not technically on the old Oklahoma frontier I can relate to oh so many similarities between me and her - four kids, loads of inhumane laundry, a love for cooking, yada yada - Go read.

This morning my oldest - she has a thing for baking - and I took a vacation from healthy eating and delighted ourselves in Russian Tea Cakes - Oh the sinful creatures they are.





(note in the picture my yellow spaghetti squash - his fate is decided for tonight, more on that later - YUM) . Well that’s all for now. Nursing Addict calls and I must answer.

5 comments:

Funchaosx4 said...

Welcome to the world, my friend. Thanks for the addiction by the way. Laundry, housework, child rearing is highly overrated!

Unknown said...

yay! a new blogging friend!
thanks so much for letting us invade yesterday. hopefully it'll spur many more playdates... before our children graduate and our nursing addicts are married men!

Unknown said...

now find a button so i can "subscribe to this blog!!!"

The Ruzickas said...

Found it - add me quick girlfriend!

Jenny said...

Faith -
OMG! how are you doing? I am so glad you found me - so ok I just added you to my blog since I live on it - ok I at least try to live on it. Your kids - I am in shock. We totally have to catch up on everything! Miss you :)