My favorite quote from C.S. Lewis

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." -- C.S. Lewis

2/7/09

I need a second fridge...

Today we got the whole fam together and headed out to our 4H garden. Husband has needed to help for some time now in putting up a fence. It was a beautiful day to be outside. I have to tell you that I like nothing more than seeing my kids hard at work, it builds character. Pulling out all the old dead plants (that got hit by the freeze) to make room for new growing things is exciting to say the least (Gosh I sound like Ma Ingalls now). Watching the kids shovel manure is humurous as well. It was a very productive day.
Here is husband putting up said fence, of course it has to be just right and all - I do love to see my man hard at work!

Here is a sink shot of what we pulled out. Can I tell you how excited I am about the beet tops? These ones are destined for some juicing indeed!


Since you just love seeing pictures of vegetables and since I'm on a roll here I had to post one of just a SAMPLING of what we picked up at organic co-op on Wednesday. My fridge runneth over. I know Im strange. Produce just makes me happy. Must be some strange italian gene or something.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yuuuuuuuuuummm! Dang, we need to get to the garden! Gorgeous, girl! Produce makes me happy, too...