My favorite quote from C.S. Lewis

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." -- C.S. Lewis

2/3/09

Living in the Land

We recently moved Nursing Addict into the "boys room". He now sleeps in the crib and big brother is in the queen. It is amazing to me how fast they grow. When I went into my bedroom last night to have my devotion time it was sad to see the co sleeper empty next to my bed. My little man (and probably my last baby) has moved out! While I settled in to my special place that I had missed for so many months since youngest arrived, I realized how much I craved this time with Jesus. Over the last 5 months my "quiet time" has consisted of an open Bible on top of the island. As I go through my day I snag a few verses at time and keep going. Its been about the only way that I can get a few moments in the Word aside from our family devotions. The Lord led me to this excerpt in Psalm 37:3-6 (NCV) "Trust in the Lord and do good. Live in the land and feed on truth. Enjoy serving the Lord, and He will give you what you want. Depend on the Lord; trust him and He will take care of you. Then your goodness will shine like the sun and your fairness like the noonday sun." Live in the land? My father was showing me and continues to even as I write this, that Living in the Land is ever changing. Living in His land and his goodness is so rewarding, refreshing and comforting. Even as my land changes around me, every second it seems, He is right there leading me to see things from His perspective. I want my land to be inviting to others, full of love, warm memories and deep relationships with family and friends. I want to live in the Land of my Fathers goodness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this post! What an awesome "God's Eye View" on one of the bittersweet times of mommying.